- Dwp was the file extension used in version 2 of SharePoint and .webpart is a new extension used in version 3
- Version number on the xmlns attribute is different [2->2003, 3-> 2007]
- The main difference is that all properties passed to the web part are specified with a property element and a name attribute in version 3. Version 2 uses different element names for everything.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Monday, May 12, 2014
- Download the "Template-Actors.stp" file from "List Templates"
- Rename the file and change the extension of the file from ".stp" to ".cab"..
- Once you have the extension as ".cab", extract the "Manifast.xml" file.
- Get the list url of the lookup list and replace the guid with th url.
- Save the manifest.xml
- Open a VS.NET command prompt.
- Run the makecab command as follows:
- makecab manifest.xml [yourlist].stp
- Import the new STP into the destination Web’s list template gallery. You will need to delete it if it has previously been imported.
- Create a new list based upon the new STP file.